UofL Health - Frazier Rehabilitation - Brownsboro is a state-of-the-art, 40-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
For those acute patients who qualify, research shows inpatient rehabilitation hospitals are an effective setting for:
- Increasing independence in Mobility, Transfers, and Activity of Daily Living-Skills
- Going home quickly
- Short lengths of stay
- Receiving daily physician and nurse attention
- Minimizing hospital readmission
Distinguishing Features of Inpatient Rehabilitation:
- Daily rehab physician oversight
- Low patient-to-rehab nurse ratio Goal: 5-7 patients to one rehab nurse
- Intensive therapy with short lengths of stay
- Transfer to an inpatient rehabilitation hospital does not require full three-day stay at a short-term acute care hospital
- 15 hours/week of therapy required